Sandstorm North Contracting strives to provide superior recreational experiences to visitors and local communities who visit Provincial Park campgrounds we operate in Northern British Columbia. While upholding a safe, progressive and positive work environment, we value a workplace that embraces equal opportunity, personal growth and development for our employees. We choose to provide a work environment that embraces collaboration with our employees to enhance the workplace and provide quality opportunities and experiences for work and recreation in an environmentally responsible manner.
Sandstorm North Contracting is a family owned business that has been operating Northern BC Provincial Parks since 1996. The company originally operated Carp Lake Provincial Park, and further expanded to six Northern Provincial Parks. Our company employ a team of over 20 employees, who each year become an extension of our family.
We believe that to be at your best; you have to take care of yourself. Each year we contribute to a wellness program that provides recreational equipment for our staff to enjoy. Example of recreational equipment include kayaks, barbeques, and sports equipment.
Park Visitor Satisfaction
As representatives of BC Parks, we strive to provide the best experiences for our park visitors. We work hard to make our local communities proud of the parks available in their area.
At Sandstorm North Contracting, we operate in wilderness areas with a diverse population of wildlife. We contribute to conservation of the environment and wildlife by supporting interpretive programs to bring education and awareness to park visitors. Through our health and wellness fund we acknowledge and support agencies and societies that contribute to wildlife rehabilitation and public education such as Northern Lights Wildlife Society, Leave no Trace Canada, Wildsafe BC.
Our Core Values
- It is our goal to provide a positive work environment and treat fellow staff members, management and customers with respect and dignity regardless of orientation or background.
- Embrace equal opportunity as an essential component in our company’s operations.
- Apply a high standard of quality and excellence to provide superior park maintenance and services.
- Strive to develop and maintain positive interactions with the public to create satisfied customers.
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our management practices to ensure efficient use of limited resources.
- Strive to create a cleaner and greener environment by making continuous efforts to be energy-efficient and to improve sustainable practices.
- Champion a safe workplace and encourage safety awareness and mentality.